Finnish pharmaceutical expertise
Vitabalans Oy is a family owned Finnish pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets prescription and OTC (over the counter) medicines, food supplements, medical devices and special animal feeds. Our products are exported to several countries and we have our own sales organization in 14 European countries. All pharmaceutical facilities and production as well as research and product development, registration and headquarters are located in Hämeenlinna, 100 km north from Helsinki.
Our three separate production plants allow the manufacturing of medicines, food supplements and probiotic products. Our competence and production facilities cover not only manufacturing tablets but also enable manufacturing of powders, creams and solutions.
Wide range of most commonly used pharmaceuticals
Our product range covers most commonly used prescription and OTC medicines. Our strengths are in the development, registration and manufacture of medicines for pain, allergy, cardiovascular disease and insomnia.
In addition to medicines, we offer a wide range of food supplements to support healthy lifestyle. High-quality feed and care products for animals complement our portfolio. Vitabalans self-care products form a wide range of supplements developed to support well-being, from which the consumer can pick the most suitable options for themselves.
Vitabalans in figures
• Vitabalans Oy was founded in 1980.
• Family owned company.
• Member of The Association for Finnish Work since 2015: Right to use the Key Flag -symbol, which recognises that the product has been manufactured in Finland.
• 210 employees, of whom around 70 are working in export.
• Turnover 2017–2018 29,3 milj. EUR
• Head office and production are located in Hämeenlinna, Finland.
• GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) sertificate.
• Oiva sertificate from Finnish Food Safety Authority Evira.
• Three own production plants for medicines, food supplements and probiotic products.
• Production facilities cover manufacturing tablets, powders, creams and solutions.
• Export started in 1995.